Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Up up and away . . . .

Leading up to our trip to Scottsdale I have been a ball of nerves. With Josilyn on medication for a double ear infection and Ryan and I both coming down with some sort of sinus cold I wasn't expecting an easy flight. Pile on to that Josilyn's recent transition into the "I want I want I want" stage and my anxiousness with flying in general and you can see why I was stressed.

Once again though, Josilyn proved Ryan and I wrong. She was pretty excited to go on the plane and handled the take off like a pro. Then like magic about forty minutes not the flight she asked for bunny & tags and laid down for a nap! And what a nap she took. She woke up thirty minutes before we landed, just as the pilot was announcing our desend. Seriously, this girl amazes me more and more everyday.

The best part is we didn't even have to break into the bag of new books, toys, movies and snacks I packed. Here's to hoping our flight home is just as easy.

And to the man a few rows ahead of us who told Josilyn he would give her a quarter if she was quiet for the entire flight; I don't know whether to thank you or be offended!

*** In case anyone was curious of just how Minnesotan we really are, Josilyn was out in the pool by 9:30 this morning. Air temp of 53 degrees, but you'd think it was 80. People were walking around in coats and pants while we sat outside in shorts and t shirts. Ahh sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment