Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sweet nothings

Just a quick update as Josilyn's personality continues to shine through. Here are some of the sweetest (and funniest) things to come out of her mouth lately:

* after sleeping on the floor in her room for close to an hour (not easy at 36-wks preggo) trying to get her to fall back asleep, she sat up, looked at me and said "Mom, I really love you!"
* on a caride she randomly said, "I think I should move my seat there (by the window) and put the baby in the middle so I can hold its hand."
* out for a walk one night we passed by her friend Bella's house, who recently moved out. The new neighbor was in the garage so she rode right up to him and said, "What are YOU doing here?" ahh, only a toddler can get away with something like that :)

I am just in love with how smart and witty Josilyn continues to become! I love that we can have real conversations during the day. I even love that she had developed quite the sense of sarcasm, even if it drives me batty at the same time. She is strong willed and has quite the stubborn streak at night; again these are things I admire and despise at the same time.

I am so excited and incredibly nervous to see how we will all adapt to our new family member. Right now Josilyn seems to be pretty excited about becoming a big sister. She has already put a bunch of her old toys in a box that are now 'just for the baby'. She tells us how she wants to take the baby places, rock the baby, have the baby sleep with her in the mornings, and share her bathtub with the baby. The only thing she doesn't want is a BOY. I guess we will find out soon if that one will be an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment